Eleven Alma College students will present their original dance works at the annual student choreographers’ concert.
The concerts take place at 5 p.m. Friday, April 13, 2:30 p.m. Saturday, April 14 and 5 p.m. Sunday, April 15 in the Remick Heritage Center, Dance Studio. Admission is free and open to the public, though seating is reserved and limited. Call (989) 463-7304 for ticket information.
Each of the program’s 11 pieces were choreographed by dance students at Alma College. Additionally, all of the technical crew, including stage manager, lighting designer, photographer, and videographer are students.
With no overarching theme, choreographers found inspiration to bring several ideas to the stage. One piece showcases dancers making music through body percussion. Other dances focus on chance, contentment, pain, insecurities, love, support, depression and synchronicity.
Co-directors of this production are Kelsey Dennis and Laura Lowe. Student choreographers include:
- Allison Boulware, Canton sophomore
- Kelsey Dennis, Carson City senior
- Jordan Gasby, Chicago sophomore
- Sadie Gelb, Indianapolis junior
- Rebecca Gieleghem, Warren sophomore
- Laura Lowe, Alma senior
- Allison Muenzer, Fenton sophomore
- Shanell Ramos, Alma junior
- Aeriel Stroven, Fremont senior
- Jocelyn Sweeney, Highland sophomore
- Katy Todd, Brighton sophomore