The Alma College Jazz Ensemble will perform an assorted collection of well-known and challenging jazz works in its upcoming performance at 8 p.m. Tuesday, April 11 in the Remick Heritage Center.
Tickets for “The Second Set” are $10 for adults, $5 for seniors 62 and up, and free for Alma College staff, students and youth 18 and under. Seating is reserved. Call (989) 463-7304 for ticket information.
The program will feature “Intermission Riff” by Ray Wetzel, “Sweet Georgia Brown” by Ben Bernie, “Malaguena” by Ernesto Lecouna, “Feelin’ Good” by Leslie Bricusse with Greenville junior Summer Eipper on vocals, and “Count Bubba’s Revenge” by Gordon Goodwin.
Additionally, the ensemble with perform “Here’s that Rainy Day” by Jimmy VanHeusen, “Route 66” by Bobby Troup with Kentwood senior Aaron Krause on vibes, “Satin Doll” by Duke Ellington, “Almost Like Being in Love” by Alan Lerner with Eipper on vocals, and “Absoludicrous” by Gordon Goodwin.
Student members include:
- Andrew Belanger, Holland junior
- Brandon Bruce, Kewadin sophomore
- Mark Danks, Cheboygan sophomore
- Bennett DuBois, Noblesville, Ind., junior
- Benjamin Elliot, Mount Pleasant sophomore
- Bridget Eshleman, Rockford first-year student
- Jeremy Fieber, Lake Orion sophomore
- Eric Ferrara, Livonia junior
- Sarah Garrod, Haslett first-year student
- Aaron Krause, Kentwood senior
- Ryan Mott, Livonia first-year student
- Luke Reed, Benzonia first-year student
- Orlando Reyes, Harrison first-year student
- Dylan Scott, Owosso junior
- Josh Stepke, Burtchville first-year student
- David Viguilla, Roscommon first-year student
Also performing in the ensemble are adult community members Christian Gilbert, Wade Metcalf, Tom Rice and Mike Ritzer.