In addition to Diversity Dialogues, MLK Week activities and programming for campus-wide diversity and inclusion programs, the office of Diversity and Inclusion will provide limited financial support to promote diversity programming from other areas of campus to broaden and strengthen our work of becoming an inclusive, equitable and diverse campus.
The support will be in the form of small grants. Applications must be submitted at least 30 days prior to the event. The maximum amount of funding that can be requested is $500. The support funds are limited to one application per department and/or organization annually between July 1 and June 30. Please note, grants will be awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis, due to limited funds.
Criteria for these grants is as follows:
- Event is a speaker, performance or activity/programming
- Event is open to the entire campus community
- Event is a one-time occurrence, not part of a continuing series
- Events must clearly demonstrate an emphasis on topics that promote diversity, equity and inclusion
- Funds may be used for honorarium, travel or hospitality expenses
- Written or oral information about the program should indicate that the Diversity and Inclusion Office is a co-sponsor.
Please note that these support funds are meant to supplement, not cover, the cost of an event in its entirety.
All fields marked with asterisk (*) are required.