The State of MI deadline to file the FAFSA is March 1st. In order to receive any state funding you must file by the deadline. This could mean up to $2,800 for students who qualify.
Complete the FAFSA following the steps below.
- Log in to www.fafsa.ed.gov.
- Click LOGIN Returning User
- Use FSA ID to Log In
- Be sure to complete a FAFSA for the Year “2020-2021”
- You will use tax information from the 2018 year. (The use of your 2018 tax information is due to the federal “prior-prior” year requirement.)
- Please use the Data Retrieval Tool to pull in your tax information directly from the IRS.
- FAFSA Application Help call 1-800-433-3243