It is the goal of the Alma College Library to acquire materials to meet the following needs:
- Directly support courses currently offered
- Support a liberal arts education
- Provide support to the research needs of the faculty and of students doing independent study
- Meet the need for recreational reading
There are multiple ways in which faculty members can request new books and media for the library.
1) Use publishers websites, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, etc. to locate a title and send link to the library directory.
2) Indicate selections in publishers catalogs by clearly marking pages and titles, print your name on the catalog and send to the library director through campus mail. If a discount code is offered please supply that information also.
3) Send an email message to the library director with the author, title, isbn, edition, and publisher information.
If you would like a title held for you, please indicate that. That item will be set aside for you for one week at the circulation desk. You will be notified with an email message to let you know it is ready to be picked up.
Please send all questions to the library director.