- Giving your students an assignment for which they need to use library resources?
- Frustrated with the quality of sources they use for their papers?
- Want to select materials to add to the library collection that will better support your curriculum?
- Need resources that we do not own?
- Have items to place on course reserve?
The library staff members are available to help!
The purpose of course reserves is to facilitate student access to readings and other materials for classes at Alma College. The library will place required or strongly recommended items on reserve for student use at the request of faculty members, thus making the readings available to the students during library hours. More information is available on our Course Reserves page.
The library instruction program is designed to prepare students to perform research and evaluate information in order to prepare them for their classes here at Alma and to aid them in their lifelong research needs. More information is available on our Instruction page and from Steven Vest, Head Reference/Instruction Librarian.
Efficient and effective Interlibrary Loan service is available at no cost to all Alma College Community members. More information is available on our Interlibrary Loan page.
Requesting Materials for the Library Collection:
All faculty members may request books, dvds and cds for the library collection. Priority is given to items needed to support the curriculum. More information on the process of requesting materials is available on our Requesting Materials for the Library Collection page.