Guest housing is available on campus at the Smith Alumni House, Gelston Guest Room, and the Meyer House.
Smith Alumni House
The Smith Alumni House features four guest rooms. Use of the first floor kitchen and living area is permitted, although at times this area may be reserved for private events. A portion of the first floor is used as an office space during business hours. The entire Smith Alumni House is air conditioned.
- The McDonough Suite — This spacious suite has a large living area complete with a desk, sitting chairs, and a sofa bed. This suite features a separate bedroom with a queen bed and a private bathroom.
Sunday - Thursday $105
Friday - Saturday $115
- The Raymond-Carl Room — This large room includes two queen beds, a desk, and private bathroom.
Sunday - Thursday $95
Friday - Saturday $100
- The Meyer Room — This recently renovated room features a queen size bed and private bathroom. This room is located on the first floor and is accessible.
Sunday - Thursday $85
Friday - Saturday $90
- The Leonard Room — This comfortable room includes a queen size bed and private bathroom.
Sunday - Thursday $80
Friday - Saturday $85
The Brenneman Reception Area, the common room area located on the first floor, has a maximum capacity of 50 people. This space can be reserved for private/community use between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m., at a rate of $25 for a minimum of two hours, up to a maximum of eight hours at an additional $10/hour.
Gelston Guest Room
The Gelston Guest Room is located at the north end of Tyler-Van Dusen Commons. This recently renovated room includes a queen size bed, private bathroom, and is fully accessible.
Sunday - Thursday $85
Friday - Saturday $90
The Meyer House is a small, one bedroom bungalow located on the edge of campus. The house offers private accommodations including a full kitchen, dining room, and living room. Reservations for the Meyer House can only be completed by phone, (989) 463-7245.
Sunday - Thursday $155
Friday - Saturday $165 (minimum two night stay)
Policies and Procedures
- Rooms may be reserved online, up to 48 hours in advance of stay. Within 48 hours of stay, please contact the Smith Alumni House at (989) 463-7952 or firstname.lastname@example.org to check room availability.
- Reservations must be guaranteed with a major credit card.
- Check-in is at 3 p.m.; Check-out is at 11:00 a.m.
- Guests receive a 10% discount if they book 3 or more consecutive nights.
- All rooms have an additional 6% sales tax.
Cancellations and No-Shows
Cancellations are required a minimum of 48 hour prior to the date of check-in or the credit card on file will be assessed half of the first night’s cost.
If one does not show up for a scheduled reservation the credit card on file will be charged the balance owed for the entire reservation.
Multiple Room Block/Rental
- Rooms must be confirmed at least one week prior to the event. A staff member will call to confirm the number and types of rooms needed and the reservation may be adjusted at this time; upon confirmation, the credit card will be charged for half of the room fee.
- Reservations may be adjusted after the one week mark; however the person reserving will still be responsible for half of the room rate if rooms are canceled and it will be billed to the credit card on file. Failure to confirm or respond does not negate this policy.
- Upon departure, the remaining balance will be charged to the credit card on file unless another card is provided.
- Guests are responsible for any damage or loss caused to our guest rooms. The replacement value of unauthorized items removed will be charged to the credit card on file.
- Keys are not necessary as there is key-less entry on entrances and guest doors. Door codes will be sent to the email on file prior to arrival.
- A set of keys is provided in each guest room and should be left in the guest room upon departure.
- Lost key fee: $25 per key.
- All rooms are non-smoking.
- Meals are not provided for guests.
- Linens are provided.
- Pets other than service animals are not permitted at any time.
- The Smith Alumni House is an office space.
Priorities of Use (on high-demand dates):
- Alumni Board
- Parent Board
- Alumni, Donors, Parents, Faculty & Staff
- Campus Organizations
- Community Events/Organizations
Specific limited dates (currently):
- Homecoming Weekend
- Alumni & Parent Board Weekend Meetings
- Special Alumni and Major Donor Event Nights
- Board of Trustees Meetings
- Commencement Weekend
- Highland Festival
- Individuals/departments making the reservation are responsible for all expenses including any set-up, take down, food, beverage, clean-up, etc.
- Any catering must be ordered through Sodexo.