Alma College Hospitality and Event Services is pleased to offer overnight accommodations on campus at the Smith Alumni House, Gelston Room, and the Meyer House.
Smith Alumni House
The Smith Alumni House features four guest rooms. Use of the first floor kitchen and living area is permitted, although at times this area may be reserved for private events. A portion of the first floor is used as an office space during business hours. The entire Smith Alumni House is air conditioned.
The Brenneman Reception Area, the common room area located on the first floor, has a maximum capacity of 30 people. This space can be reserved for private/community use between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m., at a rate of $25 for a minimum of two hours, up to a maximum of eight hours at an additional $10/hour.
The Gelston Room is located at the north end of Tyler-Van Dusen Commons. This recently renovated room includes a queen size bed, private bathroom, and is fully accessible.
The Meyer House is a small, one bedroom bungalow located on the edge of campus. The house offers private accommodations including a full kitchen, dining room, and living room.
Policies and Procedures
- Rooms may be reserved online, up to 48 hours in advance of stay. Within 48 hours of stay, please contact Hospitality and Event Services at (989) 463-7952 or email@example.com to check room availability.
- Reservations must be guaranteed with a major credit card.
- Check-in is at 3 p.m.; Check-out is at 11:00 a.m.
- Guests receive a 10% discount if they book 3 or more consecutive nights.
- All rooms have an additional 6% sales tax.
- Individuals/departments making the reservation are responsible for all expenses including any set-up, take down, food, beverage, clean-up, etc.
- Any catering must be ordered through Sodexo.