The Alma College Ambassador Program® is a comprehensive effort to organize, support, and promote all types of volunteerism - redefining the culture of engagement and philanthropy at Alma College.
This initiative harnesses the strength and power of the Alma family and helps us make good on our promise to advance Scots and build futures. It is distinctive because members can completely customize their involvement. You can do a little or a lot, and it doesn’t matter where you live. As alumni, parents, and friends of the institution, we share a common bond - a desire to advance Alma’s missions and to support our students.
Which type of Ambassador are you?
- Admissions – assist with on- and off-campus events, attend Discover Alma dinners, and refer prospective students.
- Student Engagement – volunteer as a guest lecturer, alternative break partner, service-learning host, student mentor, student organization advisor, campus speaker, or assist with student research.
- Communication – actively share success stories and promote college events, activities, teams, groups, and departments through social media.
- Career & Internship – connect Scots with your peers and colleagues for graduate programs and career and internship opportunities and link students to established career networks.
- Philanthropy – provide financial support for student scholarships, Venture grants, athletic teams, performance groups, and academic programs, and actively encourage others to do the same.
As an Ambassador, you can attend an admissions event in your area, refer a new Scot, advise a student group, attend a campus event, or create an internship alongside the Center for Student Opportunity.
99% of Ambassadors have already participated in at least one substantive engagement opportunity through the program. With its size and level of involvement, the Alma Ambassador Program® has become the largest program of its kind among private liberal arts institutions, and the work done by Ambassadors has been recognized with both regional and international awards.
All fields marked with asterisk (*) are required.