Thank you for your interest in serving on the Alumni Board! We are a fun group of people who take pride in helping the college work toward its goals.
The Alumni Board is an important link between alumni, faculty, staff and students and has several functions during the course of a year.
The Alma College Alumni Board Serves to:
- Provide opportunities for engaged alumni to serve the college;
- Support the strategic goals of the institution;
- Help increase alumni engagement;
- Aid in the advancement of the college;
- Give of their time, talents and resources to further the efforts of the college;
- Partner with the Advancement Office, Parent & Family Board, Student Alumni Association, and Board of Trustees;
- Serve as a resource to Alma College, the Advancement Office, the board, and other alumni;
- Be exemplars of the ideal engagement of our constituents.
We seek membership of diverse interests, backgrounds and locations to help keep a representative group with the broadest reach and skill base. By submitting this application, you are acknowledging that, if selected, you will help further these responsibilities of the Alumni Board and will fulfill the following membership expectations:
- Serve as a liaison between alumni and the college, seeking feedback on others’ experiences and relaying that feedback to the Advancement Office;
- Aid in the planning and execution of alumni events, including Homecoming;
- Take on a leadership role in the planning of one engagement event per year;
- Refer at least three prospective student and/or Alma Ambassadors per year;
- Include Alma College as one of their top two philanthropic priorities and make a gift each year that is commensurate with your abilities (it is an expectation that there will be 100 percent participation by members of the Alumni Board in the Annual Fund);
- Encourage fellow alumni to support the college through giving and engagement;
- Speak positively about the college’s goals and direction along with your own Alma experience;
- Remain actively engaged between meetings by attending events, staying up-to-date with college happenings, and responding to communication from the Advancement Office.
If selected, alumni agree to serve a minimum of one three-year term on the board. After completing one term, members have the option to renew their commitment for one additional three-year term.
If you are interested and willing to fulfill these expectations, please complete the form below. A staff member and/or a current member of the Alumni Board will follow up with you to further discuss your interest.