Explore and discover the world of Information Technology (IT) in an exciting and rewarding way! Campers in IT Program Developer will learn new mobile technologies and get hands on using the GAMESTAR®gaming development software to create their very own application or game.
This camp includes building-block hands-on technology concepts that help students explore programming and learn components of programming logic, all while using current programming languages. Campers will discover the importance of math, pseudocodes and flowcharts.
Intro to Programming Logic
- Discussion of Behavior, Expectations, Respect for other campers and Housekeeping items
- Describe what Computer Programming is.
- Describe what Programming Logic is.
- Understand why Math is key to programming.
- Understand Current Programming Languages
- Discuss Programming Logic
- Discuss Pseudo code
- Describe Flow charting and why it is important
- Discuss new Mobile technologies
- Discuss Current Languages and software pertaining to mobile programming
- Group Project Create a game or program using Delta computer systems.
Logic programming is a programming paradigm based on formal logic. A program written in a logic programming language is a set of sentences in logical form, expressing facts and rules about some problem domain.
Pseudo code is an informal high-level description of the operating principle of a computer program or other algorithm.
Computer programming (often shortened to programming, sometimes called coding) is a process that leads from an original formulation of a computing problem to executable computer programs. You May Know these programs from seeing them installed on a computer from the manufacturer such as Microsoft office or Internet Explorer.