Important Health Precautions
- It is essential to use good hygiene practices to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and other respiratory diseases.
Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home while you are sick and avoid close contact with others.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Always cover coughs or sneezes with a tissue or sleeve.
Students: If you experience symptoms of COVID-19 including fever, cough and shortness of breath 2-14 days after exposure to the virus, contact the Wilcox Health Center by phone at (989) 463-7181. The Health Center will consult with MidMichigan Medical Center and Mid-Michigan Health Department for specific guidance. Please self-isolate until you receive medical advice. It is critical that you call the Health Center before arriving in person.
Employees: If you experience symptoms of COVID-19, contact your family physician or a Teladoc service by phone for guidance and please contact Amanda Duval, Director of Human Resources at (989) 463-7255 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For employees on the college’s health insurance plan, more information on Teladoc services through UMR, a UnitedHealthcare Company, is available at www.Teladoc.com or by calling 1-800-TELADOC (835-2362). Please have your medical insurance card available when you are contacting Teladoc.