See how Plaid Works for international students.
Consider the Alma College Difference
- We offer a free, online application, or you may apply through the Common Application. We are currently waiving the application fee!
- 1,450 undergraduate students from 30 states and eight foreign countries. You will develop friendships with US students, while benefitting from a collaborative and energetic learning environment.
- An average class size of 18, taught by highly qualified faculty who provide mentoring and academic guidance from arrival through graduation.
- Close to 50 major academic areas, with a range of minors, several pre-professional programs, as well an opportunity to create an individualized program of study.
- Qualified international applicants are considered for generous academic and leadership-based scholarships
- Nearly 100 clubs and organizations, as well as a range of housing options promote a very active campus living and learning environment.
- The Alma Commitment: Follow an academic schedule as provided by your academic advisor in order to complete your degree on time.
- The Alma College Venture grant is available to all students. It provides up to $2,500 to support internships, research, or off-campus study (including overseas study)
- IB Diploma graduates are awarded 32 Alma College credits toward degree completion, helping you complete your Alma College degree early, saving time and money. College credit is awarded for those achieving a 5 or higher on an HL exam, but not completing the diploma program
- Recognized by the Huffington Post as a “superpower,” our student team has won 43 “outstanding delegation” awards (21 consecutive years) at the prestigious National Model UN Conference in NYC – more than any other college/university in its 95-year history
- Alma is only an hour from two of Michigan’s regional airports, Lansing (LAN) and Saginaw (MBS). Airport pickup is provided at no cost when a student arrived for the first time.