We review applications on a rolling basis, but prospective students are encouraged to apply early. Students can apply to begin in the Fall (September) or Winter (January) term.
Send official secondary school transcripts, in English, provided to Alma College directly from your school.
- Transfer Students — Official transcripts, in English, of all college coursework must also be sent directly to Alma from the institutions attended
Provide English Language Proficiency (official score reports required, but can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- TOEFL iBT score of 79 (school code: 1010)
- IELTS score of 6.5
- Total SAT score of 960 (school code 1010) or ACT score of 18 (school code 1958)
- ELS Language Center Level 112
- Grade of C or higher in English Composition from an accredited U.S. college/university
- An SAT Reading score of 500 or an ACT English score of 20 may also be utilized
- Michigan English Test (MET) score of 57
- Examination for the Certification of Competency in English (ECCE) score of B2
- Examination for the Certification of Proficiency in English (ECPE) score of C2
- Duolingo English Test score of 100
- All international students on F-1 or J-1 visa are required to provide evidence of sufficient finances to support their U.S. education. Sources of funding may be from parents, guardians, or a sponsor.
Valid Passport copy (photo & F-1 visa pages only)
Applicants who are deemed to be academically admissible, but who do not meet Alma College’s English proficiency requirements may be eligible for conditional admission. This offer would be changed to regular admission once the English proficiency requirement is met.
Overseas Course Credentials
- For applicants seeking possible transfer credit for coursework taken at other universities, class syllabi for each course must be obtained and sent to Alma College. An evaluation will be done to determine if any transfer credit may be offered.
- Most overseas course credentials can be evaluated by Alma College. However, in some unique cases, an independent course credential evaluation may be needed. Applicants will be notified by the college if a professional evaluation is required.