We review applications on a rolling basis, but prospective students are encouraged to apply early. Students can apply to begin studies in the Fall (September) or Winter (January) term.
- A completed Alma College Application — there is no application fee
- Or, you may apply via the Common Application
- Official secondary school transcripts, in English, provided to Alma College directly from your school in a sealed envelope or uploaded onto the international student application. This documentation must also include proof of secondary school completion, as well as an official copy of national exit exam results, if applicable.
- TRANSFER STUDENTS — Official transcripts, in English, must also be sent from each university attended overseas or in the U.S. Transcripts must be sent directly to Alma College from the institution(s) attended.
- English Language Proficiency (official score reports required)
- TOEFL iBT score of 79 (school code: 1010)
- IELTS score of 6.5
- ELS Language Center Level 112
- Grade of C or higher in English Composition from an accredited U.S. college or university.
- SAT Reading score of 500 (school code 1010) or an ACT English score of 20 (school code1958)
- International Student Financial Statement. All international students on F1 or J1 visa are required to provide evidence of sufficient finances to support their U.S. education. Sources of funding may be from parents, guardians, or a sponsor.
- Valid Passport copy (photo & F-1 visa pages only).
- I-20 Transfer Form — From students transferring from another U.S. institution. Please download, complete, and have your current U.S. institution’s international department complete the bottom half of the form.
Conditional Admission — Applicants who are deemed to be academically admissible, but who do not meet Alma College’s English proficiency requirements may be eligible for conditional admission. This offer would be changed to regular admission once the English proficiency requirement is met.
Overseas Course Credentials
- For applicants seeking possible transfer credit for coursework taken at other universities, class syllabi for each course must be obtained and sent to Alma College. An evaluation will be done to determine if any transfer credit may be offered.
- Most overseas course credentials can be evaluated by Alma College. However, in some unique cases, an independent course credential evaluation may be needed. Applicants will be notified by the college if a professional evaluation is required.