You’ve received your Financial Aid Award Letter… now what? Review the next steps for receiving your financial aid.
In some cases you may need to go through a verification process, in which you send us a tax return transcript, W-2 forms and other required documents. If additional information is needed, our office will start notifying students in December/January.
1. Finish verification if you have not already done so.
- Aid is estimated until all requirements have been completed.
2. Complete loan requirements.
- Instructions will be given with the award letter notice.
- Most grants and scholarships are automatically accepted.
- If action is required from the student, instructions will be provided.
Occasionally circumstances arise that make the FAFSA data an inaccurate picture of family resources. The special circumstances process allows us to evaluate your current financial circumstances with the possibility of adjusting your aid.
Off-Campus Housing/No Meal Plan
Please remember your aid will be reduced if you choose to live off campus or opt out of the meal plan. For more details, review this information on our Policies page.
All students receiving full-tuition scholarships, Tuition Exchange (domestic and international), and Alma College National Merit Scholarship are required to live in college-owned housing for each of their four years on campus.