Congratulations on becoming a Scot! We’re committed to making your transfer to Alma as smooth as possible.
Within 48 hours of your deposit, your admissions representative will contact you to make sure you know how to log into the new student portal, and discuss your next steps.
The most important next steps to becoming a Scot include:
- Sign up for Becoming a Scot Day. Learn more and register.
Log into your student portal and do the following:
- Complete your housing agreement/application. If you plan to live off campus you still need to complete the Housing Agreement and Residency Waiver Application to make it official.
- Sign up for our Transfer Living Learning Community, if you’re interested!
- Accept, decline or adjust any student federal loans. Once in your portal, go to “My Self-Service Account” and select “Financial Aid Counseling.” You must also complete the Master Promissory Note (MPN) and the Entrance Counseling for loans to be activated and reflected on your bill.
- Complete the New Scot Survey (check your Alma email for the link).
- Request final official transcripts from your previous institution and send to email@example.com.
Keep in mind there will be other items to complete along the way, but we will post those as reminders in your portal.
Questions? Email NewScot@alma.edu for anything you have on your mind!