Welcome to Alma College and to Michigan! We’re glad you’re joining our community.
Within 48 hours of your deposit, your admissions representative will contact you to make sure you know how to log into the new student portal, and discuss your next steps.
The most important next steps to becoming a Scot include:
- Sign up for Virtual Becoming a Scot Day on August 4, 2022. Learn more and register.
Log into your student portal and do the following:
- Complete your housing agreement/application
- Select a meal plan
- Register for courses (you’ll have help along the way!)
- Submit your final transcripts
- Complete the New Scot Survey (check your Alma email for the link)
- Prepare for August move-in
- Determine your arrival date by working with Dani Rossman to determine your arrival date to campus in accordance with international travel quarantine guidelines.
Sign up for transportation from the airport
Most international students arrive on campus via our free airport shuttle. Please confirm the dates and times of these shuttles prior to booking your flights. They will help you to get settled in.
- Move in to campus. When you arrive on campus, you will be met by a member of the Alma College staff member who will provide you with dinner, bedding, and a pillow for your new room.
Attend Pre-Orientation Program
International students will participate in pre-orientation programming that begins on Monday, August 22, 2022. During this time, you will get to know your fellow international students, explore campus and the city of Alma, learn about American culture, and visit local places (like a home goods store, grocery store, cell phone store, and bank).
Attend Tartan 101 Orientation Program
International students then participate in Tartan 101 with all other new Alma College students starting Wednesday, August 24.
Keep in mind there will be other items to complete along the way, but we will post those as reminders in your portal.
Questions? Email NewScot@alma.edu for anything you have on your mind!