The Oscar E. Remick Heritage Center is the home of the Theatre and Dance Department and houses three primary spaces.
- Presbyterian Hall – a 500 seat concert hall where all of our music ensembles and the Alma College Dance Company perform;
- Dance Studio – for teaching dance technique classes in ballet, modern dance, jazz, tap, choreography and yoga;
- Strosacker Theatre – a 190 seat semi-thrust stage for theatre classes, rehearsals and performances. The Strosacker Theatre is pictured above.
The Heritage Center also contains a design studio, scene shop, costume shop, dressing rooms and makeup room for teaching theatre classes and mounting our four theatre productions each year.
Some of the features of the Strosacker Theatre include:
- a space that fosters an intimate relationship between actor and audience;
- fully laid out with catwalks for hanging and focusing lights;
- computerized lighting system;
- digital audio system for the creation and play back of music and sound effects.
The Design Studio
The Costume Shop
The Makeup Room
The Scene Shop
“It’s the fundamental things: Being present. Telling the truth. Responding spontaneously to whatever happens. Not giving up if odd things happen. The willingness to walk on a threadbare tightrope without a net.” - Woody Allen