The Alma Venture Program application will open October 1 for experiences taking place in 2020. Access your application here!
You are eligible to apply for Venture at this time if you:
- Will have completed at least two full semesters (not counting spring term) at Alma College, and at least 56 credits, by the time the experience is scheduled to begin
- Have declared a major
- Are in good academic standing (GPA > 2.0)
- Are in good financial standing (< $1,000 outstanding on student account)
- Attended the Sophomore Symposium
- Will be returning to Alma College the semester following your experience (unless you graduate or receive a waiver from the Venture Committee)
- Have secured an opportunity that you believe will be eligible for the Venture program (e.g. if you plan to apply for support for on internship, you must be accepted to an internship program before you submit your Venture application. If you plan to apply for Off-Campus Study, you must be accepted into your host program before you apply for Venture. Etc.)
The deadline to apply for Venture support for Alma College spring term 2020 courses is noon on November 15, 2019.This is to ensure that applicants learn the result of their application before the December 1 deposit deadline for travel spring term courses.
The deadline for all other experiences (e.g. internships, research, summer or fall study abroad) is noon on April 10, 2020.
Creating a Venture Budget
Before you apply, review this information on Venture-eligible expenses that can be covered by a Venture award.
Access your application now!
Information for Venture Recipients
Once your application has been approved, be sure to review these instructions for post-return Venture requirements.
For questions or assistance with your application, please email email@example.com, or stop by the Center for Student Opportunity to make an appointment.