Alma Venture applications for the 2020-21 academic year will open in October, 2020.
You are eligible to apply for Serve Generously, Lead Purposefully, and Live Responsibly Venture awards when you:
- Have identified the specific applied experience (alternative break, clinical experience, internship, research, volunteer position, etc.) for which you are seeking financial support
- Completed all required program components (e.g. reflection surveys and sharing) for any past Alma Venture awards (if applicable)
You are eligible to apply for the Alma Venture Junior Year Experience Award if you:
- Will have completed at least two full semesters (not counting spring term) at Alma College, and at least 56 credits, by the time the experience is scheduled to begin
- Have declared a major
- Are in good academic standing (GPA > 2.0)
- Are in good financial standing (< $1,000 outstanding on student account)
- Completed the Sophomore Symposium
- Will be returning to Alma College the semester following your experience (unless you graduate or receive a waiver from the Venture Committee)
- Have secured an opportunity that you believe will be eligible for the Venture program (e.g. if you plan to apply for support for on internship, you must be accepted to an internship program beforeyou submit your Venture application. If you plan to apply for Off-Campus Study, you must be accepted into your host program before you apply for Venture. etc.)
The Venture Committee reviews applications once each semester:
Fall semester: November 15
Winter semester: March 1
Notes about the application deadline:
- Applications for support for spring term travel should be submitted by the Fall semester deadline.
- Applicants whose program timeline does not align with these deadlines should contact Carla Jensen in the Center for Student Opportunity.
Creating a Venture Budget
Before you apply, review this information on Venture-eligible expenses that can be covered by a Venture award.
Access your Junior Year Applied Experience application here!
Serve Generously, Lead Purposefully, Live Responsibly application coming soon.
Information for Venture Recipients
Once your application has been approved, be sure to review these instructions for post-return Venture requirements.