Accessible housing is available on campus
In college, it is up to each student to decide whether to disclose his or her disability. Upon request, Alma College will provide accessible housing to individuals with mobility impairments and also will provide an accessible venue for any college program scheduled to occur in college-owned housing.
The documentation must come from a licensed or credentialed professional qualified to diagnose the stated disability and it must include:
- A clear diagnostic statement that describes how the condition was diagnosed, provides information on the functional impact, and details the typical progression or prognosis of the condition.
- A description of the diagnostic criteria, evaluation methods, procedures, tests and dates of administration, as well as a clinical narrative, observation, and specific results.
- Information on how the condition currently impacts the individual and a description of any expected changes in the functional impact of the disability.
- A description of current and past accommodations, services and/or medications.
- Recommendations for accommodations, adaptive devices, assistive services, compensatory strategies, and/or collateral support services.
You can download a printable version of this list of documentation requirements here.
College-owned accessible housing
Information regarding accessible college-owned housing can be obtained from Rhonda Linn, the college’s disability services coordinator, at (989) 463-7407 or firstname.lastname@example.org.