Did you know that career development staff is willing and able to come to your class, practice, organization meeting, etc. to speak on personal and professional development topics?
We are happy to partner with faculty, staff, and students to present to small or large groups. Below you will find a menu of programs to choose from and we can customize a program or workshop to meet your needs! You can also feel free to combine one or more of our offerings.
Most sessions will take an hour, but can be adjusted to a shorter or longer timeframe based on your needs.
To ensure availability, we ask that you submit your request at least two weeks in advance.
- Handshake Tips and Tricks: Learn the ins and outs of Alma’s one-stop-shop for a student’s career needs.
- Cover Letters Covered: Discuss what to include/not include, outline of a cover letter, and what employers look for in a cover letter.
- Résumé Writing: This workshop covers each component of résumé development. If time allows, students can bring their résumés for review.
- Interview Workshop: Tips for students on how to prepare for an interview along with an opportunity to practice their skills.
- Preparing for a Career Fair: Everything you need to know before attending a career fair.
- Dress for Success: Tips on what to wear to an interview, how to dress on a budget, and what is the difference between “business professional” and “business casual”.
- Navigating the Job Offer and Salary Negotiation: Let us help prepare for the job offer and negotiation process.
- Networking: Discuss the value of networking, and discover variable networking styles so that the process of networking can become more natural.
- Social Media and You: Learn the benefits and understand the consequences of social media outlets like LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter in regard to your career.
- What’s My Plan?: We can talk about strategies for discovering what types of careers students may be interested in, about getting prepared for the job search or graduate school, or touch base on how to make the most of career development at Alma.
- Your Guide to Internships: This workshop answers questions about internships, and the internship search process.
- You Do That?: This workshop provides a general overview and go through the programs and services Career Development provides.
- Career Exploration: There is a world of possibilities - let us help you narrow it down!
- Create Your Own Workshop: Want a little bit of everything? Create your own workshop.
To request a workshop, please complete the form below.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact Amanda Slenski at firstname.lastname@example.org or (989) 463-7428.