Browse Majors & Minors
An internship in Chicago that connects you to your dream job. A semester in Europe that opens the world to you. A service project that changes lives in the local community. Wherever you want to go, whatever you want to do, your starting place is here.
The CSO provides both support services and access to practical experiences that enhance your education. We’ll show you how to succeed in the classroom, but also assist you as you plan your personal Venture – an individual experience that could take you across the globe. We’ll teach you important financial skills that position you for personal success, while also giving you the chance to serve others. We’ll help you plan for life after Alma, but also aid you in becoming a responsible leader. Put simply: the CSO is where it all comes together for you.
We’ve got the practical tools you’ll need to turn your dreams into reality:
- Academic Support Services
- Career Development
- Disability Support Services
- Diversity and Inclusion Office
- Financial Counseling
- Off-campus Study
And we’ve got the opportunities you want (plus connections all across campus):
The CSO and the Alma Commitment
The CSO also coordinates all aspects of the Alma Commitment. We work closely with academic advisors to help you stay on track for on-time graduation; provide year-by-year guidance, which includes the First Year Guide program and the annual All-Class Conferences; help you plan your Venture and apply for up to $2,500 to support your experience; and prepare you for graduation with comprehensive career development. For more information, visit the CSO in person or call 989-463-7247.
Upcoming CSO Events
- Jul 22 1 p.m. - 2 p.m. Summer Webinar Series: Success Strategies for Working Remotely
- Jul 24 1 p.m. - 2 p.m. Summer Webinar Series: Job & Internship Search Strategies
- Jul 28 2 p.m. - 3 p.m. Summer Webinar Series: All About Gap Years
- Jul 30 1 p.m. - 2 p.m. Summer Webinar Series: Telling Your Story
- Aug 10 5 p.m. - 6 p.m. Summer Webinar Series: Making the Most of LinkedIn