The M.S. in Communication and Information Technology requires 36 credit hours of courses within the CIT curriculum. No independent thesis or qualifying exams are required for completion of the degree.
|Core Curriculum (21 Credits)|
|Electives (9 Credits Total)|
Students accepted to the Alma College M.S. in Communication and Information Technology can start studies in either the Fall or Winter academic semester, with classes also offered in the summer semester. Core curriculum classes will be offered during both Fall and Winter. There is no program requirement to participate in classes in consecutive semesters.
CIT offers a flexible course of study. The CIT program is offered online to allow students the flexibility to learn when it fits into their lives and will also have regular touch points with classmates and faculty to ensure mastery of class material.
What you will you learn?
Upon leaving the program, CIT students will be able to demonstrate:
- Multi-disciplinary communication and information technology problem solving
- Technical leadership and strategic decision making
- An understanding of the current technology landscape, industry trends, and best practices
- Human-centered design ideology and practice
- Fundamentals of data and database design for business intelligence
- Project management fundamentals
- Business and technology leadership skills