Graduates of Alma’s Integrative Physiology and Health Science Program are prepared for graduate work and/or employment in various pre-professional medical programs, including:
This educational track within the IPHS major will prepare undergraduate students to enter a medical school to purse a continued degree as a DO or MD.
The IPHS department has placed students into medical school at various universities, for example: Michigan State University, University of Michigan, Central Michigan University, Wayne State University, and Lake Erie College of Medicine (Erie, PA). For personal biographies about IPHS alumni within this field, direct attention to the Alumni Profiles.
This educational track within the IPHS major will prepare undergraduate students to enter physician’s assistant doctoral program, to become a specified PA.
- The alumni of Alma College for Pre-Physician’s Assistant doctoral degree’s have been accepted into numerous universities.
This educational track within the IPHS major, is potentially one the most popular tracks within IPHS. This track prepares students to earn a doctoral degree within a desired interest of the physical therapy world.
- The students of the IPHS department have chosen many places around the United States to pursue their doctoral degree. Some of the universities the IPHS students have landed are: Central Michigan University, Grand Valley State University, Duke University, Washington University (MO), and Nova Southeastern University (FL).
This educational track within the IPHS major will prepare undergraduate students to earn a master’s degree within this related field. This field is growing in numbers, and becoming more of a student interested field.
- The alumni of Alma College has placed students into various universities.
This educational track within the IPHS major, is an ever growing field within our major as well. This track will prepare undergraduate students to earn a terminal degree within this career path.
- The IPHS department have placed students into Public Health School at the University of Michigan, San Diego State (CA), and University of Pittsburgh (PA).
- This educational track within the IPHS major prepares students to enter professional, graduate level curriculums in medical schools (DO, MD), physical therapy programs (PT), chiropractic programs, athletic training programs (AT), and other desired professions focusing on orthopedics and active patient populations within the diverse field of sports medicine.
- As a prime pro-grammatical hallmark, the concentration offers students a variety of professional choices for future study on both a state and national level. Past students pursuing these pathways have earned acceptances to Duke University, Drexel University, The University of Virginia, and Western Michigan University to name a few.
Clinical Exercise Physiology