SERVE, MAKE A DIFFERENCE, GET INVOLVED
Alma students participate in community-oriented projects each year, serving others while they learn!
While some students engage in academic service learning, which combines meaningful community service opportunities with selected courses, others participate in Alternative Breaks, Greek philanthropies, service-oriented clubs and groups and community service work-study opportunities.
Each term, the college offers academic service learning courses that will allow you to apply your classroom learning to a real-life situation in the community. By applying your new knowledge through service with others, you will learn the material more quickly while reflecting on the service and it will stay with you longer. And it’s more fun!
More opportunities for service, volunteerism and civic engagement:
- Volunteer through student organizations and with community partners,
- Off-campus work-study positions with non-profit organizations,
- The Service House, a small housing option focused on community service, and
- Alpha Phi Omega, Omicron Tau chapter, a co-ed service fraternity.
Find opportunities for service and track your involvement with Helper Helper
- Download the app for Iphone or Android or use the link above
- Login with your Alma email and request new password
- Search for Opportunities: commit, check in and track your involvement
Connect with other Alma College students, faculty and staff interested in service learning on the AC Service Learning Facebook page. For information contact Sallie Scheide or stop by the Center for Student Opportunity.