After carefully reviewing the available information relating to the impact of the coronavirus and COVID-19, we have decided to cancel our camp this summer. Our first priority is the safety of our faculty, staff, students, and guests; while our desire is to invite campers onto the Alma College campus, we realize that is not the best choice this year. We do hope you can join us in person summer of 2021.
Every day world leaders work to resolve political and social issues. Are you up for the Challenge?
The Alma College Global Challenge is a United Nations Security Council crisis simulation addressing topics such as the devastating effects of climate change, the threat of pandemic disease, and the impact of mass migration. Students will represent the 15 countries on the Security Council, and work together to draft resolutions that outline solutions to the crisis at hand. By the end of the week students will understand the impact they can have in the world, and will have the tools to begin making a difference.
Students will have a chance to:
- Gain a better understanding of the fast-paced and difficult tasks of UN representatives through negotiations, speeches, and drafting resolution sessions during the Security Council simulation
- Develop research, public speaking, and leadership skills
- Work with current student mentors from the Alma College Model UN Team, which has been recognized as the “Outstanding Delegation” 23 years in a row at the National Model UN Conference
- Make connections with faculty member Dr. Sandy Hulme, the Alma College Model UN Director.
- Present their resolutions to family and friends at a closing reception, and share their accomplishments achieved throughout the week
- Make lasting friendships with the participants and current Alma students, while learning about the incredible opportunities available at Alma College
Cost: $350 for high school students and $175 for incoming students
- Students who attend Global Challenge and enroll at Alma College in the fall of 2021 will receive a $175 tuition credit on their account in October 2021.
If you have questions, or for more information, you can contact Alma College Admissions at email@example.com or call us at 1-800-321-ALMA.