The International Student Identity Card (ISIC) is an internationally accepted student ID card and proof of current student status.
What is the International Student Identity Card (ISIC)?
- the International Student ID Card (ISIC)
- International Teacher ID Card (ITIC)
- International Youth Travel Card (IYTC)
What are the benefits of the cards?
The ISIC, ITIC, and IYTC provide a world of benefits and services to nearly 5 million people worldwide every year. More than an ID card, these cards offer:
- The only UNESCO-endorsed, globally recognized, form of Student ID
- One low price, a full year of benefits
- More than 41,000 discounts worldwide
- Access to exclusive discounted airfare and travel through STA Travel
- Travel Insurance Plans
- 24-Hour Emergency Helpline
- ISIConnect Global Communications Package: Phone Card, SIMs, Cell Phones
- NEW - ISIC Prepaid Mastercard ©
- NEW - Online fulfillment and digitally printed cards, no manual assembly
- ISIC Prepaid Mastercard ©
How do I get an ISIC/ITIC/IYTC?
How long does it take to process the card?
A completed card will be delivered via USPS with 4-15 days; 2-3 day Expedited Shipping is available for an additional fee.
What does the ISIC/ITIC/IYTC cost and how do I pay for it?
As of May 2016, the cards cost $25. Shipping is additional for expedited cards.
Who is eligible to apply for the International Student ID Card (ISIC)?
Full-time students age 12 and over enrolled for the current academic year at an accredited institution and matriculating toward a diploma or a degree. Full-time student means at least 15 hours a week study for a minimum of 12 weeks a year. Continuing education and language school students are not eligible.
Who is eligible to apply for the International Teacher ID Card (ITIC)?
To apply for the ITIC, you need proof that you are a bona fide full-time teacher, professor or instructor at a recognized educational establishment. You must be employed for a minimum of 18 hours per week for a minimum of one academic year. Persons not eligible for the ITIC include:
- Any person not meeting the qualifications listed above
- Retired Faculty
- Faculty teaching at unaccredited institutions (e.g. language schools)
- University Staff members, group leaders and part time instructors
Who is eligible to apply for the International Youth Travel Card (IYTC)?
Anyone at least 12 years of age, but under than 26 years of age at the time of purchase is eligible for the IYTC. Valid proof of age must be submitted before cards may be issued. Please note: most of the benefits attached to the IYTC are age based. If a cardholder turns 26 before his/her IYTC expiration date, the cardholder may become ineligible for some of the discounts offered with the card.