Travel Resources

Clinical Experience Guidelines

Will you be working in a clinical or healthcare setting outside the US? Prior to departure, please review these guidelines provided by the Association of American Medical Colleges to make sure you protect yourself physically, legally, and ethically. 

Department of State Registration

See the U.S. Department of State website for information on how to register for their Safe Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP), as well as travel resources and the latest travel warnings and alerts.

Getting a Passport

Do you have a passport that is valid for at least six months past your expected return to the U.S.? If your answer is no, find out how you can get your first passport or apply for a passport renewal. Remember, this can take six weeks, or even longer, so plan ahead!

Power of Attorney

Will someone need to take care of financial or other affairs while you are traveling? Learn about Power of Attorney and download a Limited Power of Attorney form.

Visas for Study or Travel

A travel visa is a travel document required by many countries in addition to a passport. You are responsible for securing any necessary visas for the countries you plan to visit. Learn more here.

International Travel Insurance

Traveling abroad on an Alma College program? We’ve got you covered. Check out the details of our international emergency medical coverage.