Start the application process early!
Here is an overview of the off-campus study registration and application process:
Explore Alma’s Off-Campus Programs
- Learn about the different types of off-campus programs available through Alma College
- Alma College spring term travel courses
- Summer study abroad programs
- Semester or academic year study abroad programs
- Language immersion programs
- Global internship programs
- Service and service learning programs
- Review the websites of programs of interest for the most up-to-date information
- Request a cost estimate for the program and term of interest using this Cost Estimate Request Form. When you submit this form, we will send a detailed cost estimate for the program to the Financial Aid office, and their staff will email you the cost estimate along with an estimate of the financial aid, specific to your circumstances, that would or would not apply to the program in question.
- Contact off-campus study staff at email@example.com to find out if there is a student ambassador on campus that you can ask about their experience in the program(s) of interest to you.
- Review the general off-campus study policies and information such as eligibility and deadlines, costs, FAQs and more.
Speak with your Academic Advisor
It is highly recommended to meet with your academic advisor during initial program exploration. They can work with you to consider how an off-campus study experience will impact your major and degree requirements. Determine what courses are needed to complete your academic plan. During your application for off-campus study, your academic advisor or another faculty member will be asked to complete a recommendation on your behalf.
Complete an Application for Off-Campus Study
Alma College requires all students to complete an off-campus study application and be approved to study off-campus before enrolling with your selected program. Use this form to apply to participate in off-campus study.
Meet with Off-Campus Study staff to discuss next steps
Next steps will include applying to the host program before their deadline, getting courses approved by the academic department in which you are seeking credit, and attending the mandatory pre-departure orientation session for college-related international experiences.