“A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.”
- Lao Tzu
Begin your journey today…
Congratulations on taking the first step toward the off-campus study experience of a lifetime! Here, you will find all the information you need to get started on your journey. Check out the basics on eligibility and deadlines below, or follow any of these links to answer your off-campus study questions:
- How do I choose a program?
- What is the application process?
- What does off-campus study cost and are there scholarships or financial aid available?
- Where can I find a list of frequently asked questions?
To be eligible to study off-campus, you must:
- Maintain a min. cumulative GPA of 2.5. Some programs have additional GPA requirements
- Complete two consecutive on-campus Alma College terms (excluding Spring) before departure
- Meet with your academic advisor about how off-campus study fits into your academic plan
- For Language majors or minors: meet with a professor in the Modern Language department to discuss requirements for your major prior to applying
Note: As part of the application process, we will review your Alma College disciplinary record (if applicable). Also, you will not be approved to study off-campus if there is a financial hold on your student account. For more information on these requirements, write to email@example.com or visit the Center for Student Opportunity.
Registration and Application Deadlines
Off-campus study involves a two-part application process:
A. Registration: Submit documentation to Alma College seeking permission to study off-campus by the following deadlines:
Fall or Summer Programs: End of Alma College Fall term
Winter Programs: End of Alma College Spring term
B. Application and Enrollment: After completing Registration and being approved to study off-campus, apply to selected off-campus study program and complete enrollment (program-specific deadlines apply)
Completion of the registration forms beyond the deadline above requires a petition to the Assistant Director of CSO for Venture and Off-Campus Study. Request a petition by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.