Off-campus study provides a valuable cross-cultural dimension to your Alma College education. Not only can off-campus study teach you a lot about yourself and the world, the benefits of off-campus study can open up a world of professional opportunity.
- Get an edge in the job market - gain the cross-cultural communication skills and international perspective coveted by today’s employers
- Enhance your education - get a new perspective on your academic discipline, as well insight into your home country and culture
- Learn a foreign language - or take classes abroad in English! Immersion will enhance your language skills at record speed - but foreign language skills are not a prerequisite and many programs are taught in English
- Review the off-campus study eligibility requirements and application deadlines
- Learn how to navigate the off-campus study application process
- Explore scholarship opportunities as well as billing and financial aid policies
- Check out our collection of Frequently Asked Questions - or pose one of your own!
Browse Off-Campus Study Programs
Alma College offers programs in 14 countries on five continents. With programs to suit every academic discipline, you are sure to find an off-campus program that will meet your needs.
Apply to Study Off-Campus
Once you identify the off-campus study program that is right for you, we will support you throughout the application process. First, you apply to Alma College for approval to study off-campus. The next step is the application to your program of choice. Then we work with you to help you prepare for your experience. A pre-departure orientation session will be held each semester for the students who are preparing to study off-campus.