Social Studies Additional Endorsement (Group Major - Secondary)
All Secondary Teaching students who wish to add a Social Studies Endorsement must also complete a major in History. Students MUST see the Education Department for advising on this major.
Forty-eight credits which must include:
- ECN-111 (4 cr) and 112 (4 cr)
- GGR-101 (2 cr), 102 (2 cr), and 201 (4 cr)
- POL-101 (4 cr) and 121 (4 cr)
- HST-100 (4 cr), 101 (4 cr), 104 (4 cr), 105 (4 cr), and 206 (4 cr) (students may double count up to two of the above HST courses for the HST teaching major and the SST group teaching major)
- EDC-445S (4 cr)
- For certification, take and pass the MTTC Social Studies test.
No course graded below 2.0 (C) may count toward a Social Studies Group Major; a 2.75 GPA is required.