1) Prepare students to utilize evidence-based practices to answer clinical questions and provide patient-centered care. Corresponds to Alma College Core Values #2 & #3
2) Prepare students to demonstrate competence in athletic training knowledge and clinical education skills to provide quality patient care. Corresponds to Alma College Core Values #2 & #3
3) Prepare students to practice engaged citizenship, service-driven leadership, and committed stewardship. Corresponds to Alma College Core Values #1 , #2, & #3
4) Prepare students to develop and incorporate into their clinical practice behavior that is ethically, morally, and legally just. Corresponds to Alma College Core Values #1 , #3, & #4)
5) Prepare students to become proficient in skills of critical thinking, professional communication, and critical assessment. Corresponds to Alma College Core Values #2 & #3
Additional costs lying outside of the college’s required tuition, room and board, and student fees are minimal yet none the less, present. Athletic training students are required to pay a one-time fee of $10 for registration as a student member in the Michigan Athletic Trainers’ Society (MATS), the state of Michigan’s professional athletic training organization.
In addition, off-campus clinical rotations are necessary for certain experiences. Each student can reasonably expect to take part in two to three off-campus rotations throughout the course of their four years. Travel costs are the responsibility of the student. A high-end estimate of paying both the one-time registration fee and providing travel costs for one semester is approximately $60. These costs are in addition to the school’s parking pass fees.