While Alma is a safe and friendly area, vehicle break-ins and vandalism occur occasionally on campus. Take action to safeguard yourself and your vehicle.
- Lock all doors and close all windows after parking.
- Secure the vehicle with an electronic alarm, if available.
- Do not leave valuables in plain sight. Unoccupied vehicles should have valuable items removed at all times.
- If you park your car but do not use it regularly, check on it daily.
- Keep your doors locked when driving.
- Always remain alert in parking areas.
- If you believe that you are being followed, do not drive to your parking area. Instead, drive to the Campus Safety and Security office or a place where there are many people and immediately notify the local authorities and/or Campus Safety and Security at (989) 463-7777.
- Promptly report any campus lighting or other maintenance or groundskeeping concerns that may require immediate attention.