Alma College will provide challenging developmental learning experiences that enable students to graduate with the knowledge and skills that support their personal and professional goals. We will develop campus-wide programs and curricular innovations that support students’ educational needs, thereby improving graduation outcomes.
Objective One: Increase investment in new and existing academic programs.
- Metric: Increase strategic investment in academic programs each year between 2016 and 2020.
Objective Two: Complete the Foundations of Excellence self-study and develop programs and structures that will lead to improved first-year retention and student success.
- Metric: By 2018, first year retention will exceed 85%.
Objective Three: Provide students with customized learning experiences that will help them make the connection between an Alma liberal arts education and their future plans.
- Metric: By 2020, 85% of qualified students will complete an immersive learning opportunity such as an internship, off-campus study, research fellowship, clinical or practicum experience or other qualifying endeavor consistent with their personal or professional goals before graduation.
Objective Four: Provide students with expert advising and regular progress updates during their college years to assure that they remain on track to graduation and are aware of the developmental opportunities available for during each of their college years.
- Metric: Six-year graduation rates will improve by 2% per year from 2016 to 2020.
Objective Five: Pilot a living-learning initiative for first-year students that takes full advantage of the residential nature of the campus.
- Metric: Students who participate will persist at a higher rate than those who don’t.