Top Ten Reasons to Live in Newberry Hall
1. Our strong community!
2. We’re close to Hamilton, so you don’t have to walk far to eat.
3. Newberry smells good.
4. We’re close to the academic buildings and other residence halls—so when it’s cold, you don’t have to be!
5. Newberry is a great place for studying!
6. You can always find someone who shares your interests.
7. We’re clean!
8. Newberry has a really comfortable lobby to study or watch TV.
9. We’re the home of The Almanian and the Scot!
10. Our staff works hard to make Newberry a great community!
A Little History...
Newberry is wired for online computer access and has in-room cable television.
We also have a lobby, study lounge, computer lab and laundry facilities. Newberry is staffed by student resident assistants and a postgraduate hall director.
That beach volleyball court outside of Newberry? We call it Newberry Beach, and you’d better believe there’s always a game going when it warms up in the spring.
We’re named in honor of Helen Newberry Joy, who made several gifts to Alma College during her lifetime. Newberry was constructed after her death in 1961.