The Top Ten Reasons to Live in Mitchell Hall
1. Awesome people: Students who live in Mitchell often stay for several years in the same hall because of the tight-knit community.
2. Interaction: Doors are usually open and it’s easy to find someone to hang out with any time of day.
3. Nugent Recreation Room: Mitchell has one of the best Recreation Rooms on campus, including a foosball table, ping pong and a big screen TV with comfortable couches!
4. Diversity: Mitchell residents are involved in every activity that Alma has to offer. Some of the most popular include athletics, community service, and Greek Life.
5. 24-Hour Mailboxes: Mitchell residents can access their mailboxes any time.
6. Free Cable TV: Who wouldn’t want free cable?
7. Coed: There are four all-male halls, two all-female halls and four coed halls in Mitchell. Each has its own distinct personality!
8. Stackable furniture: There are tons of different and creative ways to arrange your furniture to maximize the space in your room.
9. Great location: Mitchell is located between two other residence halls: Bruske and Newberry, so it’s not far to visit friends in other halls. It’s also only steps away from the Dining Hall!
10. Easy access to parking: Mitchell is situated between two large parking lots.
A Little History...
Mitchell was the first residence to be built for men, but these days we’re co-ed. We are wired for online computer access and have in-room cable TV.
We were built in 1959-60 and named in honor of James E. Mitchell, a member of Alma’s third graduating class in 1893. He returned to the campus four years later as a professor and was a faculty member for 44 years.