Do Something* is about more than just being polite to each other, although this is not a bad place to start.
Do Something* means ...
- "Helping others in the community and making a difference." - Sarah
- "To make Alma a better place to live." - Chad
- "Going out and trying to improve someone’s day." - Brad
- "Being environmentally friendly." - Nathaniel
- "Not being apathetic and making the world a better place. In giving back to the community, they will see our efforts and pay it forward." - Buddy and Lisa
- "A great way we can give back to the Alma community, a place that will give us so much back in return." - Lauren
- "Uplifting someone. To put a smile on someone's face can be contagious!" - Ashley
- "To always be kind and respectful to others." - Kathy
- "To see everyone as equals, no matter the size, color, gender or lifestyle." - Devon
- "Smile. Offer assistance. Compliment someone. Show patience." - Linda
- "Brighten someone's day." - James
- "Smile at those you pass." - Denise
On a deeper level it means to become more aware of how our actions impact others.
You should Do Something* because ...
- "If we all would just pitch in – even just a little bit – the world would be a better place for all of us." - Sarah
- "It gives you a role in the community and makes you feel like we’re actually all part of something bigger." - Phil
- "The best thing to do for others is to give your time. If we continue this project, we can make some big changes." - Laura
- "If everyone does a little, a lot will get done." - Caitlin
- "Positive energy is contiguous – by spreading it, you make the world a better place." - Buddy and Lisa
- "It’s a great way to meet people and grow physically, emotionally and spiritually." - Krysti
- "It shows members of the community that we support them." - Emily
Are you ready to Do Something*? Contact us if you have questions or ideas for future events.