What does it mean to Do Something*?
It means to:
- Not inflict physical or emotional violence on others
- Ask someone who is eating alone in the cafeteria if you can join them
- Do the right thing
- Treat others with respect
- Be inclusive
- Think twice before you say (or write) something that could hurt
- Hold others (and yourself) accountable for action
- Defend someone who needs your help
- Practice compassion for others
The Do Something* project is based on the core values of community building: integrity, respect and responsibility. The goal of the project is to encourage those who study, live and work on campus to incorporate these values, evident in our Alma College mission, into our day-to-day interactions.