Christian Leadership Award
Deadline: February 1
High school seniors and incoming transfer students who have been active participants and leaders in their church are invited to apply for the Alma College Christian Leadership Award, a scholarship based on your history of religious involvement and leadership in any Christian tradition. The award, valued at $1,000 annually, may be renewed for up to four years.
The Christian Leadership Award recognizes those students who have demonstrated exceptional commitment to their faith community and who plan to continue substantive involvement in religious life at Alma College.
For consideration, please submit both the student essays and the faith leader reference by February 1 using the forms provided.
The Christian Leadership Award cannot be combined with a Performing Arts Award. If a student is granted both types of awards, the student must choose which award to accept. A minimum of five Christian Leadership Awards are granted each year; all students, regardless of award status, will find many ways to be involved and help lead religious life activities on campus.
Expectations for Christian Leadership Award Recipients include:
- Every term, enroll in the Religious Studies class on Biblical topics. The class is a two-credit service-learning class which will meet on Thursday mornings from 8:30–9:50 a.m. The class will cover a different Biblical book or topic each term.
- Assist in leading a weekly Bible study for students. Bible studies meet on weekday evenings at 9 p.m.
- Regularly participate in religious life on campus, through worship, ministry teams, alternative break service trips, student fellowship groups or the Interfaith Council.
- At the beginning and end of each academic year, meet with the chaplain to discuss your engagement with religious life on campus.
- Demonstrate satisfactory academic progress.
Satisfactory fulfillment of the above expectations will constitute qualification for renewal of the Christian Leadership Award.
Application Process for Christian Leadership Award:
- Apply to Alma College
- Complete the Christian Leadership Award application.
- Ask a leader in your faith community (ex: pastor, youth group leader, etc.) for a recommendation. The form must be submitted by February 1.