IM Sports are a great way for students, faculty and staff to stay in the game!
IM sports offer options for fun, social, recreational games or for more serious competition. Fall Term sports include Basketball, Floor Hockey and Volleyball. During Winter Term you can choose from Indoor Soccer, Basketball, Volleyball and Softball.
Schedule and Procedure
- Game times will be scheduled to allow for participation in more than one sport during the same season.
- All Alma College students, faculty and staff are eligible for IM Sports.
- A maximum of two Varsity or JV athletes in the same sport are eligible to play in a season as long as the season does not conflict with their varsity season.
- Regular season play is followed by one week of play-offs.
- Participation in intramural sports is free.
- Dates are subject to change.
Procedure for Creating an Intramural Team
Sign up your team. Team sign-ups are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. Sign-up forms can be found online or in the Stone Center for Recreation.
Designate a team captain. Team captains need to complete the entry form with all player names, phone, gender and year in school. After choosing a team name, captains are then asked to choose preferences for playing times/days, based on the team’s availability. Completed forms should be turned in online or dropped off at the Customer Service Desk in the Stone Center for Recreation.
Present your ID card. All participants are required to present their valid Alma College ID at the check-in site the night of their scheduled IM game.
Be a sport. All participants and employees are encouraged to promote a high degree of sportsmanship and fair play. While games do get competitive, proper behavior and language should remain the standard.