IM Sports are a great way for students, faculty and staff to stay in the game!
2014 – 2015 INTRAMURAL SCHEDULE
KAN JAM 9/15 – 9/25
PICKLE BALL 9/29 – 10/9
FLOOR HOCKEY 10/13 – 10/30
TABLE TENNIS 11/3 – 11/6
WHIFFLEBALL 11/10 – 11/13
4 v. 4 VOLLEYBALL 11/17 – 12/11
DODGEBALL 1/12 – 1/22
INDOOR SOCCER 1/26 – 2/5
KICKBALL 2/9 – 2/19
BASKETBALL 3/3 – 3/24
6 v. 6 VOLLEYBALL 3/25 – 4/9
SOFTBALL 4/27 - 5/20
BEACH VOLLEYBALL 4/27 – 5/20
9:00pm 1 vs 6
9:00pm 2 vs 5
9:30pm 3 vs 4
9:00pm 4 vs 2
9:00pm 5 vs 1
9:30pm 6 vs 7
9:30pm 4 vs 5
9:00pm 2 vs 7
9:00pm 3 vs 6
9:30pm 5 vs 3
9:30pm 6 vs 2
9:00pm 7 vs 1
9:00pm 5 vs 6
9:30pm 3 vs 1
9:30pm 4 vs 7
9:00pm 6 vs 4
9:00pm 7 vs 3
9:30pm 1 vs 2
9:30pm 7 vs 5
9:00pm 1 vs 4
9:00pm 2 vs 3
1. The Prodigies
2. The Pickle Ticklers
3. Tickle My Pickle (Platz)
4. The 443
5. Dostal’s Gorillas
6. Tickle My Pickle (Wohlfeil)
7. Team Ramrod
- Located on the MAC court with black lines
- If a ball hits a line, it is considered good.
- Ball is served diagonally and must hit in the rectangle space past the non-volley zone
- Ball is served underhanded—paddle must hit ball below the waist of the server
- The ball is hit directly out of the hand (no bouncing)
- One foot must be behind the back line when serving
- Only one serve attempt is allowed unless it is a “let” where the ball hits the net, but bounces in the correct area for the serve.
Double Bounce Rule
- On the serve, the receiver must let the ball bounce before hitting it AND the server must let the ball bounce on the return. After that, the ball may be hit on the bounce or on the fly.
- During the volley, the ball may be hit after it bounces once or on the fly.
- The following are faults:
- Hitting the ball out of bounds
- Not clearing the net
- Stepping into the non-volley zone and hitting the ball on the fly
- Hitting the ball on the fly before it has bounced once on each side of the net
- A team or individual can only score when serving the ball.
- The server keeps serving until a fault has occurred.
- Game is played to 11 points, but must win by 2 points.
- When the score is an even number, the server serves from the right side of the net.
- When the score is an odd number, the server serves from the left side of the net.
- The player on the right side of the court serves first. If a point is scored, the person moves to the other side of the court. This continues until a fault occurs. At that point, the second person on the team serves and the players do not switch positions.
- On the very first serve of the game, the serving team only receives one fault (the partner of the server does not serve until the serve comes back to the team).
- Matches are won by winning 3 out of 5 games.