Joanne R Gilbert, Ph.D.
Directed Student Presentations and Achievements
- "A slayer with family and friends; that sure as hell wasn't in the brochure": The Rhetorical Construction of Relational Power in Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
- Sexual-lects: The Importance of Gendered Sexualities in Interpersonal Relationships
- Why Are You Telling Me This? Conflict Avoidance and Relational Satisfaction
- Give Till it Helps: Rhetorical Strategies for Online Fundraising in Nonprofit Health Organizations
- Gender, Communication and Social Work: An Ethnographic Analysis of Social Helpers' Communication Strategies
- A Wink and a Smile: Gender Differences in Nonverbal Flirtation Communication
- Why I Don't Like to Talk: Stuttering as an Interpersonal Disorder
- "Not Such a Long Way Baby": The Rhetorical Construction of Women's Identities in American Print Advertising From 1980-2005
- Independent Studies
- Communication Internships