Laura E. K. Von Wallmenich, Ph.D.
Go Back to the Full Profile
- "Geographies of Desire: Mapping Brown's Domestic Fiction." Charles Brockden Brown Society. Univeristé Paris - Sorbourne, Paris, France. October 10, 2013.
- "Spectacle of Lack: Masculinity and Legal Authority in "Bartelby, the Scrivener" ." Michigan Academy. Hope College, Holland MI. March 22, 2013.
- with Joanne Gilbert.  "Mother Time, Other Time: The Rhetorical Costs of Focus and Balance." National Communication Association. Orlando, FL.
- "The American Clarissa: Rethinking the Problem of Virtuous Violence in Charles Brockden Brown's Ormond." Michigan Early Americanists. Michigan State University. June 2.
- "Clarissa and Lovelace in America: Brown's Ormond and the Revision of Richarsonian Virtue." Wierd America: 7th Biennial Conference of the Charles Brockden Brown Society. Huntington Library, San Marino, CA. October 21-23.
- "Inventing Anne Bradstreet: Teaching Critical Thinking in a Survey Course." American Literature Association. San Francisco. May 24, 2008.
- "Darksome Geographies: Edgar Huntly and the Mapping of early National Identities." Michigan Early Americanists. Lansing. June 1.
- "Men and the Mountain: Joaquin Miller's Life Amongst the Modocs." Association for the Study of Literature and the Environment. Eugene, OR. June 21-26, 2005.
- "'A Wilderness of Affliction': The Social Geography of Mary Rowlandson's Captivity." Great Lakes American Studies Association. Indianapolis, IN. March 19.