Liping Bu, Ph.D.
Go Back to the Full Profile
- Liping Bu.  "Visual Materials As Useful Research Sources." Association for Asian Studies and International Congress of Asian Studies Conference. Honolulu, Hawaii. March 30-April 4, 2011.
- Liping Bu.  "Cultural Exchange and International Relations: What's Unique about the United States of America?." International Conference on Academic Exchange and International Relations. Vienna, Austria. November, 2010.
- Liping Bu.  "Educational Exchange and the Writing of International History." Annual Conference of the Society for Historians of American Foreign Relations. Madison, WI,. June 24-26, 2010.
- Liping Bu.  "Anti-Malaria Campaigns and Socialist Reconstruction in China: 1950-1980." Annual Conference of the Association of Asian Studies. Philadelphia. March 25-28, 2010.
- Liping Bu.  "Fighting Malaria: Art, Politics, and Scientific Knowledge of Health in Socialist China." Southwest Conference on Asian Studies. Austin, Texas. October 15-17, 2009.
- Liping Bu.  "Creating a Community-Based Model of Public Health Education: Beijing First Health Demonstration Station." International conference on "Science and Public Health in Asia: 1890-1950.". North Tarrytown, New York. August 11-12, 2009.
- Liping Bu.  "Social Darwinism, Public Health and Modernization in Early 20th-Century China." Annual Conference of the Society for the Social History of Medicine. Glasgow, UK. September 3-5, 2008.
- Liping Bu.  "Starting a Public Health Education Movement in China: 'The Council on Health Education'." 12th International Conference of the History of Science, Medicine and Technology. Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD. July 14-18, 2008.
- Liping Bu.  "From Private Lives to Public Knowledge: Statistical Analysis of Health and Death in Beijing, 1920s-1930s." Annual Conference of the Association for Asian Studies. Atlanta, GA. April 3-6, 2008.
- "Public Health Education and Transformation of Rural Life in China, 1950-1970." Annual Conference of Midwest Asian Studies. St. Louis, MO. October 2007.
- "Public Health and Chinese Society from 1930s to SARS." History of Medicine Seminar of the National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health. Bethesda, Maryland. August 15, 2006.
- "Cultural Communication in Picturing Health: W.W. Peter and the Public Health Campaign in China, 1914-1926." Nankai University. Tianjin, China. May 30, 2006.
- "Modernization, National Health and Women in Early 20th-Century China: Modernization with a Traditional Bent." Annual Conference of the Association of Asian Studies. San Francisco. April 8, 2006.
- "Medicine, Public Health, and Modernization of China, 1895-1927." Needham Research Institute, Cambridge University. March 3, 2006.
- Liping Bu.  "Public Health and Modernization in Early 20th-Century China." Global Health Histories Symposium. National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD. November 3-4, 2005.
- Liping Bu.  "W.W.Peter and the Council on Health Education in China." Mid-West Annual Conference on Asian Affairs. East Lansing. Sept. 23-25, 2005.
- Liping Bu.  ""Modern Medicine and Public Health Campaigns in China, 1900-1927." Annual meeting of Canadian Asian Studies Association. Montreal, Canada. April 28-May 1, 2005.
- Liping Bu.  ""Public Health Education and Modernization of China in Early 20th Century"." Annual meeting of the Southwestern Social Science Association. New Orleans. March 24-45.