Daniel I. Wasserman-Soler, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of History
Joined Alma College Faculty in 2013
Office Hours: MW, 4-5pm; Tu, 1-4pm
Download My Full Vita
I teach courses in medieval and early modern European history (from the fall of Rome to the French Revolution), in addition to a survey of world history.
I am currently writing a book on religious conversion in the Spanish Empire. I have published articles in History Compass, The Medieval History Journal, and Hindsight Journal.
- Ph.D., History, University of Virginia (2012)
- M.A., History, University of Virginia (2008)
- B.A., History, University of Chicago (2006)
Spain, esp. within Atlantic, Mediterranean, and European contexts
Print and the book trade
Recent Courses Taught
- The Rise of Modern Paganism? European Enlightenment. HST 380.
- The Rise of the West: European History to 1800. HST 280.
- World History I. HST 100.
Awards, Honors, Recognitions
- J. William Fulbright Grant (Spain), 2009-10