Andrew L. Thall, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Math and Computer Science
Joined Alma College Faculty in 2008
Swanson Academic Center 223
Office Hours: MWF: 9:30-11 TTH: 3:30-5
- Ph.D., Computer Science, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (2004)
- M.S., Computer Science, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (1998)
- B.A., Mathematics, Kalamazoo College (1984)
Scientific and Numerical Computing, Media Computation, Image Analysis and Geometric Modeling, Computer Graphics and Game Design
Recent Courses Taught
- The Computer as a Mirror of the World. FYS 101.
- Interactive 3D Computer Graphics. CSC 335.
- Modern Operating Systems. CSC 420.
Selected Chapter Book Publications
- "Synthesis, Deformation, and Statistics of 3D Objects via M-reps." In Medial Representations: Mathematics, Algorithms and Applications, edited by K. Siddiqi and S. Pizer, Chapter 8. New York: Springer, 2008.
- with Dr. Raymond Riley.  "Advances in Audio Massage: A State of "Flex"." New Media Consortium 2011 Pre-Conference Workshop. Madison, Wisconsin. June 15, 2011.
- "GPULucas: Fast Mersenne Prime Testing on the GPU." General Programming for Graphics Processing Units 4. Newport Beach, CA. March 5, 2011.
- Consortium for Computing Sciences in Colleges
- New Media Consortium
- Computer Society, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
- Association for Computing Machinery, Special Interest Group on Computer Science Education (SIGCSE)
- Association for Computing Machinery, Special Interest Group on Computer Graphics (SIGGRAPH)
Service to the College
- Academic Standards Committee
- Educational Technologies Committee
- FYS 024 - Research in the Natural Sciences
- Technology Advisory Committee
- Math, Science & Technology Day
- Scholars Day Participation
- See More...
Service to the Community
- Alma Public Schools Science Olympiad Participation
- Career Day Speaker - Pine Avenue Elementary School