Mark A Seals, Ph.D.
Professor of Education
Joined Alma College Faculty in 1999
Office Hours: M,T,W,Th: 1:00-2:15 pm, T: 5:00-6:00pm, and by appointment
Download My Full Vita
I am glad to be a member of the Education Department here at Alma College, where we value our "close-knit" community and our ability to interact with students on a daily basis, guiding them toward their future goals. I have an open door policy, so feel free to contact me anytime with questions or concerns!
- Ph.D., Science Education, Purdue University, 1999
- M.S., Education, Purdue University, 1991
- B.A., Secondary Education, Eastern Oregon University, 1983
Caring: It's effect on educators and students; enlightening educator compassion for student viewpoints.
Recent Courses Taught
- Mark A Seals, Ph.D.. "), International Perceptions: Overseas Instructors perceptions of American Students and what there lacking before they travel Abroad." NSSA (National Social Science Journal)..
- Mark A Seals, Ph.D.. "Teaching students to think critically about science and origins." CSSE (Cultural Studies of Science Education) Journal. 2010, V5, ISSUE 1, pp 251-255 Jan. 2010.
- Mark A Seals, Ph.D.. "Rainforests: Monocultures, Rarities and Gluttony." Field Notes. Spring 2009 February 10, 2009.
- Mark A Seals, Ph.D.. "Preparing to Teach in the Outdoors." MSTA Journal. V54, NO.2 Nov., 2009.
- Mark A Seals, Ph.D.. "“Pre-service Students’ Perceptions: The effectiveness of Corporal Punishment in 3rd World Countries." National Social Science Journal (NSSA). (TBA) (TBA).
- Mark A Seals, Ph.D.. "“Pre-service Students’ Perceptions: The effectiveness of Corporal Punishment in 3rd World Countries”." National Social Science Journal (NSSJ). V38, NO 3, pp.198 2008.
- See More...
- Dr. Mark Seals.  "Trashalysis: Teachers, Toil & Trash!." Educators and Recycling Center Associates. Traverse City. May 2008.
Selected External Research Grants
Awards, Honors, Recognitions
- Tiputini Grant Awardee
- Research Award - Tiputini Biodiversity Station
- Dr. Mark Seals -Honors Convocation Speaker
Service to the College
- Faculty-Student Forum
- Alternative Break, "Leap-Of-Faith" trip
- Committee Work
- Chapel speaker
- *See the Professional Service section of my vita.
- Service to the Admissions Office
Service to the Community
- First Church of God - Senior Citizens Group
- *See Professional Service section of vita.
- Service to the community