Megan M. McCullen
Joined Alma College Faculty in 2010
- PhD Candidate, Anthropology, Michigan State University
- M.A., Anthropology, Michigan State University (2007)
- A.B., Anthropology, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign (1999)
Ethnohistory and Archaeology of the Great Lakes Region, Migration Studies, American Indian Studies, Ethnicity & Identity.
Recent Courses Taught
- Civilizations: Ancient & Modern. FYS 101.
- Introduction to Archaeology. SOA 213.
- Introduction to Anthropology. SOA 111.
- Introduction to Cultural Anthropology. SOA 212.
- Food for Thought. FYS 101.
- Biological Anthroplogy. SOA 214.
- Indigenous Cultures. SOA 311.
Directed Student Presentations and Achievements
- "Communicating Culture: Material Creations of the Western Wendat Diaspora In the Seventeenth Century." American Anthropological Association. San Francisco, CA. Nov. 2012.
- "Archaeological evidence for cultural retention among the western Wendat in the Seventeenth Century." Wendat and Wyandot Studies Conference. Wendake, Quebec, Canada. July 2012.
- "Everybody Mate Randomly: Teaching Population Genetics in the Introductory Classroom." Michigan Academy of Sciences, Arts & Letters, Anthropology Division. Saginaw, MI. 3/11/11.
- "Resilient Resettlement: Wendat Migration and Identity in the Seventeenth Century." American Anthropological Association. New Orleans, LA. 11/20/2010.
- "Material Culture & Wendat Identity." American Society for Ethnohistory. Ottawa, Ontario. 10/16/10.
- "Complex Identities: Searching for Ethnicities in Artifacts of the Western Great Lakes." Native American and Indigenous Studies Association. Minneapolis, MN.
- See More...
- Native American and Indigenous Studies Association
- American Society for Ethnohistory
- Canadian Archaeological Association
- Midwest Archaeology Conference
- Conference on Michigan Archaeology
- Society for American Archaeology
- American Anthropological Association
Service to the College
- Member - Institutional Review Board
- Advisor, Lambda Alpha Anthropology Honorary & Anthropology Club
- Faculty Mentor - Kings-Chavez-Parks Program
- Faculty Mentor - First Generation Student Program
- Faculty Liason, Alternative Spring Break
Service to the Community
- Board Member - Michigan Oral History Association
- Board Member - Nokomis Learning Center
Service to the Profession
- Co-chair, Anthropology Division, Michigan Academy of Science, Arts & Letters
- Reviewer, Michigan Academician
- Editorial Board of the Michigan Archaeologist