Brett D. Knight, MS, AT, ATC
Athletic Trainer/Instructor of Athletic Training
Joined Alma College Faculty in 2011
Hogan Athletic Training Room 105
Brett Knight returns to Alma College as an Assistant Athletic Trainer and Instructor of Athletic Training. Brett is a 2008 graduate of Alma College, where he earned a bachelor’s degree in athletic training. Brett then attended Western Michigan University, where he completed a master’s degree in Exercise Science and Sports Medicine with an emphasis in Athletic Training in 2010. After his graduate work, Brett was hired at NCAA Division III affiliate North Carolina Wesleyan College where he was an Assistant Athletic Trainer overseeing the healthcare of the football and baseball programs
Brett is certified by the American Red Cross in First Aid and CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer and also serves as an Approved Clinical Instructor for the Athletic Training Education Program. He teaches First Aid and CPR, along with one Athletic Training Clinical Course. His primary sport responsibilities are football, men’s basketball, swimming and diving, and men’s lacrosse. Brett resides in Alma with his wife, Danielle, who is also an Alma College alumnus. Brett can be reached at (989) 463-7429 or email@example.com.
- Masters of Science, Exercise Science and Sports Medicine with Emphasis in Athletic Training, Western Michigan University (2010)
- Bachelor of Science, Athletic Training, Alma College (2008)
Recent Courses Taught
- Athletic Training Clinical 406.
- First Aid and CPR.
- Brett D. Knight. "Comparison of Self-Adherent and Cloth Tape on Dynamic Ankle Inversion Before and After Exercise." Athletic Training and Sports Health Care. March/April 2012, Volume 4 Number 2 2012-3-1.
- "Comparison of Self-Adherent and Cloth Tape on Dynamic Ankle Inversion Before and After Exercise." National Athletic Training Association. New Orleans, LA. June 20, 2011.
- Michigan Athletic Training License
- Michigan Athletic Training Association
- Great Lakes Athletic Training Association
- National Athletic Training Association