Visiting Instructor of English
Joined Alma College Faculty in 2012
Office Hours: MW 1130-1230; T 1030-130
Download My Full Vita
Welcome to my information!
I am visiting in the English department at Alma College for the 2013-2014 academic year as Visiting Instructor of English and Writing Center Director. This is my second year at Alma and I find it to be a special place full of dedicated faculty and staff, and most importantly, humble and lovely students.
Trained in creative writing, I love to teach these courses whenever possible, so watch for my spring term! I am also lucky enough to teach both Rhetoric II and Advanced Rhetoric. These courses are an amazing opportunity to welcome new students into the academic world of writing. With primary focus on substantive papers and stylistically mature writing, I believe many of my students enter upper-level courses feeling more confident in their abilities and more prepared.
- M.F.A., English, The Pennsylvania State University (2011)
- M.A., English, The University of Texas at Austin (2005)
- B.A., English, The University of Texas at Austin (2003)
Rhetoric and Composition
Recent Courses Taught
- Eng 190.
- Eng 201.
- Eng 101.
Selected Book Publications
Selected Creative Works
- "Google me and find my essays and stories. I need a bigger following!."
Awards, Honors, Recognitions
- OAC Mentorship Award-Alma College
- MFA Excellence in Teaching Award-Penn State
- Katey Lehman Writing Fellowship-Penn State
- Teaching Assistant Award-UT-Austin
- Fania Kruger Writing Fellowship-UT-Austin
- Association of Writers and Writing Programs
- Modern Language Association