Professor of Theatre and Dance
Joined Alma College Faculty in 1984
Office Hours: MWF: 930-1030AM, 1:00-3:00PM, TH: 230-330PM
Download My Full Vita
I believe that we all have the ability to dance, to express ourselves through physical means, and to be beautiful in the process. I am very interested in the creative process and enjoy working collaboratively with my students.
- B.A., Dance at Brockport State University, in Brockport New York, 1975
- M.F.A., Dance at University of North Carolina-Greensboro, 1984
- C.Y.T., Certified Yoga Teacher-Shoshoni Ashram, Colorado, 2007
Having recently completed the 200-hour LEVEL I Yoga Teacher Training course in Boulder, Colorado, my deepening interest in becoming a full-fledged Yoga Teacher has come to fruition. I teach YOGA to Alma College Students and also to the Community at Large and the response is outstanding. I will continue to further my research in this Eastern tradition, and am planning on the LEVEL II course in the near future.
In addition to my spiritual growth, I have also worked with a computer software package called LIFEFORMS and am intersted in the creative process as a choreographer, as a performer, and as a human being.
Recent Courses Taught
Directed Student Presentations and Achievements
Selected Creative Works
- Carol Fike.  "Obsession." Alma College Dance Company Spring Concert. Heritage Center. March 14, 2012.
- Carol Fike.  "SPLASH!." Alma College Spring Dance Concert. Heritage Center. March 25, 2011.
- Carol Fike.  "Purge." Alma College Fall Concert. Heritage Center. November 12, 2010.
- Carol Fike.  "Tied." Alma College Dance Company Spring Concert. Heritage Center for the Performing Arts. March 26, 2010.
- Carol Fike.  ""Back to Bach"." Alma College Dance Company Fall Concert. Heritage Center for the Performing Arts. November 13, 2009.
- Carol Fike.  "The Dance." Alma College Dance Company Winter Concert. Heritage Center. March 20, 2009.
- See More...
- Carol Fike with Alma College Dancers, Tyler Sheets, Anna Dysinger, and Angela Flynn.  "TIED." University of North Carolina-Greensboro. Greensboro, North Carolina. September 25, 2010.
Awards, Honors, Recognitions
- American College Dance Festival Association
- Society of Dance History Scholars
- The Congress on Research in Dance
- Michigan Dance Association
- Dance Educators of Ameriuca
Service to the College
Service to the Community
- YOGA for the Community
- Coaching for Graduate School (MFA) in Dance
- ISS TAP CHICAGO
- Social Dance
- See More...